Awards seem to be a tricky thing. When i got my first one i actually got excited about it!
"I got an award??? Who me???"
You know, people visit your house, stay for a cup of coffee and the next day they mail you a little golden statue. Touching! Then i got another award. The sweet one. Despite all the annoying sugar all over the place i kinda got excited with this one too.
"Don't say, i got another???"
When i realized i was double nominated for this same award, it felt quite awkward… Then more awards came. My friend the evil nymph nominated me for 2 awards, the Βeautiful Βlogger award and the Reader Appreciation Award. Yeap, i got both, i know, i have my hands full. Oh wait, here comes another, the Βeautiful Βlogger Award (again) by yablogtherapy!
At least now i know i am officially sweet and beautiful! That’s comforting! 🙂
So what’s the matter? I ‘ll take one step at a time….
What i like:
– The “I see you/read you” factor. There is someone who checks me on his/her reader, who maybe reads my posts fully, hits the like button or even actually likes me. I say i don’t check the numbers, i blog for fun, but it feels good seeing familiar faces and it also feels good seeing new faces.
– The story. I like reading the “7 or 10 facts about me”. Seven useless facts about someone i ‘ve never met! Love it!
– Clicking on the links. 15 people are nominated for an award and i am a curious cat! I am gonna check all of you out! Muahaha!
What i don’t like
– The plain thank you note. Here are 7 things about me, 15 nominations, now leave me alone. If you don’t have fun with it, don’t take the freaking award! No one is gonna make you!
– The “rule” thing. Ok, i have to say 7 things about me, and i will, can we at least not call that a rule??? This is another WordPress blog pOst, have fun with it!
– Award pics. Hate them. They remind me of internet ads. The ones you click on and you are taken to a casino page. Don’t like them, don’t like putting them in my posts.
– Chosing to nominate. I ‘d say i don’t like choosing among my friends. And i don’t. The truth is though that i now am beginning to see familiar faces, recognize the blog behind the Gravatar and even my browser remembers certain URLs on his own! So i’d say i do recognize some fellow bloggers. Not in the “you are better” sense, but in the “hey, i know you!” one.
So the bottom line is you get an award, you follow a procedure. At first it’s exciting, creative, etc… then it’s just the typical part…
Plus suddenly this looks like a small world doesn’t it? I see awards going back and forth. Which of course can also be a good thing, meaning that we are all a big company and hang out together! 🙂
So what do i do with all the statues???
I know i blog when i feel like it, when my hand (the right one mostly) is up for the job (sometimes i first write my posts on a piece of paper). And i intend to keep it that way. Then i think having posts about awards one after the other is not particularly interesting… Still i kinda like awards, they keep the links flowing, plus i get to find out useless information about my fellow bloggers! 😛
So i think i wanna stick to the awards i am given, bring them a bit to my measures, strip them off their rules, and post about them whenever i feel like it. Plus i am gonna try to nominate different bloggers every time, so we can all get to know each other better!
I ‘ll stash them here then! Having said that i owe you a virtual dinner, a very inspiring blogger award, a Very Inspiring Blog Award, One Lovely Blog Award, another One Lovely Blog Award, another Lovely blog and another lovely blog award and another one… A beautiful blogger award, a Liebster Blog Award, another Liebster Award, and another Liebster Blog Award, and another one. A Super Sweet Blogging Award, Liebster Blog Award, another Liebster blog award, a Reader Appreciation Award, a Wonderful Team Member Readership Award, a Blogathon Award, a very inspiring blogger award, a (3) Blogging Award Nomination (:-O), a tag, another tag, an Illuminating Blogger Award, a reality blog award and a versatile blogger award! And ofcourse i must not forget to choose an award from Jo Bryant’s bucket! 😛
So, are YOU up for an award?